Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Fun: Day ???

I have lost all sense of time, and our Christmas activities have come to an abrupt halt. Mommy has been sick for nearly 2 weeks and trying my hardest to care for 3 healthy, active children. Then Daddy got sick and we've both been trying to muster up enough strength to just tend to the basics. Then J.D. and Kaylah caught a stomach virus, and we've had to muster up even more strength to tend to the basics as well as change and wash seemingly endless amounts of clothing and sheets. (A 2 year just doesn't get the idea of when and where to throw up.)

But, I don't want this to sound like a complaining post. I'm not complaining. I have so much for which to be thankful!

  • I am thankful that a couple viruses going around have been the extent of my difficulties.
  • I am thankful for (fairly :)) obedient children who have done their best to make it easy on Mommy while she's been sick.
  • I am thankful for a husband who has done everything he can to be a help even though he hasn't been feeling well himself.
  • I am thankful for extended family nearby who have offered help as well.
  • I am thankful that God's strength is manifested through my weakness. He gives what we need each day - nothing more; nothing less.

I think I am on the upward slope today. I had enough strength to spend most of the morning disinfecting everything in sight. ("Infecting" as J.D. put it. :)) Hopefully we can get these germs out of here and we'll all be back on our way to some sense of "normalcy".

I'm also hoping to get the fall decorations taken down and the rest of the Christmas decorations put up sometime before Christmas day. :) In the meantime, the kids are still as happy as can be, and I so appreciate their good natured spirits! They know how to have fun with the simplest things! (Right now J.D. is using a folded up piece of paper as a gun and grinning like it's the greatest thing ever.)

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment