Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Fun: Day One

I have determined that we are going to do something fun or Christmas related every single day. I am the type that has to get all the housework done before we do anything "extra". The problem is that the housework never gets all the way done.
Have you seen this quote before?

Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk while it’s snowing. -Phyllis Diller


That's why the housework never gets all the way done.
So I've just decided that we're going to do something every day whether the housework is done or not. I do not want to end up disappointed this year that we didn't get to do very many fun "Christmasey" things. I want the kids to grow up with special memories that they can keep forever. They won't remember an unvacuumed floor or a few undone dishes (and I probably won't either as long as we aim the camera away from it! :) )

We've done something three days in a row so far. I don't have time right now to post about all three days, so I'll just post day #1 really fast - putting up our Christmas tree. The house keeps shrinking every time we add another baby, so we're just using the small tree for the sake of room. The kids didn't seem to mind. I guess they're not old enough yet.

Sorry the video is a little long. I didn't take the time to edit it.

5 comments:

  1. When you start using your big tree, they'll be calling this their Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. We used a small tree like that when Stephen and Mel were little and we lived in a motel room for over a year. It was a fun Christmas. But certainly your house is not smaller than Jeremy and Esther's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I know they enjoyed decorating the tree. And yes, your house is definitely big compared to mine, but that's okay, I understand that it's hard sometimes to find a good 'place' for the tree. I had to rearrange my whole house to put mine up! :) It was worth it though! Thanks for posting the video we enjoyed watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video...I loved watching them putting on the ornaments. So thankful for video and skype so we can really see them! We will be having a small tree this year as well...but most of the nativity sets will be up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That anonymous one was from Grandma Bream because I can't figure out how to post the commment otherwise! And I thought I was beginning to be a little computer savvy! Not so! Will have to get Elizabeth to fill me in on the knowhow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tons of Christmas memories of the things my Mom did with us every year and I love doing them with my kids and now my nieces and nephews:-) For one of your "christmasey" days, you'll all have to come over and decorate the gingerbread house with the girls! **and yes, we'll have cookies too;-)**

    ReplyDelete